Productive Things To Do When Bored

Photo by Andrew Illarionov Whenever I'm bored, usually the first thing that comes to my min is to watch Television and once I star...

Photo by Andrew Illarionov
Whenever I'm bored, usually the first thing that comes to my min is to watch Television and once I start watching tv or my series, there's just no stopping. Eventually, my time gets wasted watching trash on television and I end up not being able to do anything productive. My moment of feeling bored end up being a whole day of being unproductive. I bet I'm not the only one whose usual respond to being bored is to watch. So now, I'm giving you a guide/reminding you that there are still other things that you can do whenever you're bored. 

1. Read a book

One way to pass your time is to read a book. This is somehow the same with watching tv cos it actually eats up your time but the difference is that you actually get something from reading a book. Well, it still depends upon the type of book that you're going to read but most often than not, you pick up something from what you read. As they also say, a person who reads a lot of books has lived different lives - or something like that. So unlike just watching tv, you may opt to read a book instead. It will also give you a some kind of a sense of accomplishment especially if it's not something that you usually do. 

If you aren't really that much into reading books, I recommend that you start with books that are entertaining ot those that are not too hard to understand so that your experience wouldn't give you the wrong impression with reading! 

2. Learn something new

Another way to end up being productive when you're bored is to learn something new. You could learn a new language, a new skill or perhaps, discover a new talent on your free times. This is actually a win-win situation cos you get to stop being bored and at the same time, you get to learn something new! It could also be exciting because you give your self a chance to discover something that you didn't know before! Who knows, you may actually learn something new about yourself, right? 

Besides, it's actually super easy to learn something new nowadays for we have the mighty internet! You could learn a new language without having to enroll in a class since there are a lot of tutorials or even apps that could teach you a language that you wish to learn. And then, there are also books, blogs, and even online seminars to teach you a wide variety of topics. So yes, it wouldn't really be that hard. 

3. Do your hobbies

If you don't want to go out of your comfort zone by learning something new, then there's always your hobbies to attend to whenever you're bored. It may have been a long time already since you last did what you usually enjoy doing - and now's just the perfect time! Perhaps, you could pick up again your guitar, piano, camera, paintbrush or whatever instrument you enjoy playing with and create something new again! Usually we get so caught up with our daily tasks and responsibilities that we end up setting aside the things that make us really happy. And since you're gifted with a free time, then might as well reconnect with your old hobbies. 

4. Exercise

Yes, yes, yes that's right! Exercise your way through boredom! I swear to you that after you exercise, you will not just feel more fit but you will feel productive, accomplished and motivated as well! It's actually one of the best ways to spend your free time since you are not just attending to your physical health, you're attending to your mental health as well. So yes if you're bored, might as well just pick your dumbells up instead of picking up your remote control and at least try to be fit and healthy! 

If you're thinking of following a program for your exercise, then you may check out this blog entry. However, the program just focuses on getting toned.

5. Think 

Yup, you got that right... When you're bored and have nothing else to do then just think. Don't do anything else and just sit in a corner and think. Let your imagination go wild. Think of anything. Focus your mind on any topic that interests you. Think, ask, and try to answer. You may think that this is just simply like wasting your time but it's actually not. Thinking is actually a good activity for your brain (I mean, duh) so it's actually more productive than you think! 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. All of these suggestions to do when you're bored sounds great! You're basically knocking down a "weakness" by doing something useful. I would say even finding a new hobby would be a good thing to do because you're trying to discover more about yourself. Exercising is definitely a plus because you're doing good for your body ;).

    I would say for bloggers, even drafting a new blog post for the future would be productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I agree! Maybe I could do another entry that's more specific on things that bloggers can do when they're bored and then I can definitely add that one :)

      Delete
  2. I mostly do the last one which is why I'm never bored. Lol. I tend to overthink all the time but I like it cause it keeps me one step forward when it comes to things.

    Ochi | Ochi In The City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's nice! Me naman, I usually imagine different scenarios in my head when I think haha or sometimes a certain question pops into my head and then I'm going to think about it for a long time until I find the answer to it haha!

      Delete

Flickr Images