How do you wear your hair?

After years of having long hair, I find it liberating when I finally cut my hair short. My decision to cut it short was more of an impu...


After years of having long hair, I find it liberating when I finally cut my hair short. My decision to cut it short was more of an impulse decision rather than a well-thought one. Thank God, the results weren't bad and so until now, I still like my hair short. 


The first time that I cut my hair short, people were more than shocked of what I did - but in a good way. I guess they were just so used to seeing me with really long hair that they were horrified to see me with short hair. Even I, was shocked. First, because I actually got myself to let go of my super precious hair and second, because I was actually able to pull it off. Now, people may think that having short hair is boring since you only have a limited number of styles that you can choose from. Well that may be correct, but that does not mean that short hair is necessarily boring. 


Whenever I don't feel like blow drying my hair and going for that classy chic look, I just let my hair dry by itself. Since I'm naturally wavy (especially when I have long hair), I can opt for that natural messy and wavy look. I actually love this look because it gives my short hair more character. Also, I think that it creates an edgier look compared to the classy chic look that's usually straight and tamed. Also achieving this look isn't that hard as well. The first method in achieving this look is by just letting your hair dry by itself but at the same time tousle it from time to time. This way, you will be able to create that messy look without using any heat. On the other hand, the second method would involve heat. You can simply use a straightening/curling iron to make those loose waves. After doing either of the two methods, you can opt to use a hair mist to make your hair look shinier. 


As I mentioned, I found it liberating when I cut my hair short. It's like that sense of freedom wherein you're able to do anything - no matter how drastic it was - just because you felt like doing it. Aside from that, I also find it addicting haha! Since I cut my hair short for the first time, I have already gone again to the salon to have it cut back to its original (or I think shorter) length. It's like I finally found my hair style that I actually like and that actually suits me. This is how I like to wear my hair, how do you wear yours? 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. It looks good on you!! Love the 2nd photo! <3 I'm also planning to get this length when I dye my hair back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the ends have those big, soft curls!

    I used to have reaaaally long hair too. Cut it off when I broke up with my ex so I can have a fresh start--so generic. Haha!

    Ochi | Ochi In The City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well when i cut my hair that short for the first time, my friends were like: "Kanino ka nagmomove on?" even though I just really wanted to cut my hair haha!

      Delete
  3. I know how you feel. I too, have finally made the decision to cut my hair short (well, 5 months ago). I had it bob-cut and I was so scared at first. It was my first time, and I didn't know if the hairdo would look good on me. haha Thank God, it did! Anyway. love al your photos! You look great :)

    dearchubby.wix.com/marp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Arlyn!! Right! It was so scary at first haha!

      Delete

Flickr Images