Unleash your creativity with these books

Whenever I feel like I've ran out of inspiration to do stuff, what I usually do is listen to music, browse the net, or simply go out ...

Whenever I feel like I've ran out of inspiration to do stuff, what I usually do is listen to music, browse the net, or simply go out to see new places or meet some people just so I could get a break from whatever it is I'm trying to do and come back feeling more inspired. However, whenever I feel like I'm running out of creativity, there's usually one fix that would help me with this: my Keri Smith books. 

1. Wreck this Journal 

This the first Keri Smith book that I ever had which I bought when I was still in high school. I found out about this book and about Keri Smith through my friend back then. I remember not having any intention to buy one but when I saw hers, I immediately fell in love and knew I had to get one for myself. Also, among the Keri Smith books that I own, it's the most used one - perhaps, it's because it's the oldest - or maybe because it was also the best among the three that I own. 
Wreck this Journal contains different instructions per page that may (or may not - it's up to you) destroy your journal. At first, it was really hard for me to do the instructions because the book looked so pretty and new and it was just disheartening haha! But of course I got over it and started wrecking my journal away! And although, it's kind of really wrecked now I still love it because it was the result of my creativity.

2. This is not a Book

Trust me it's a book...or is it? Haha! I'm not really sure whether this is the second or third Keri Smith book that I got but I remember buying this when I was in college! Among the three Keri Smith books that I have, I think this is the book that will make your creative juices flow out of your system. Since it's not supposed to be a book, it challenges you to transform the book into another thing based on what was written on the page.
What I like about this book is how it challenges you to think outside of the book. Like what I said, it makes you transform the book into something else. I think that it's really a good exercise for your creativity.

3. How to be an Explorer of the World 

Since it has always been my dream to explore the world, when I saw this on the rack, I new I had to get it for myself. It's one of my favorite books among all the books that I had and I/m always disheartened whenever I write something on it haha! Yup, until now.
Compared to the two previous Keri Smith books that I have, I think this book taught me to be observant of my environment; that the only way I can be a true explorer of the world, is when I get to notice and observe even the littlest details about the world you're in. I really like this book especially on times when I just feel like zoning out because it makes you focus on other things.

These three Keri Smith books really helped me enhance my creativity even in the smallest ways. I'm really glad that I discovered it from my friend... If I hadn't, then who knows what I am now? Haha! I'm hoping buy the other Keri Smith books because each of them has something different to offer. 

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Always wanted to buy a Keri Smith book, but never really pushed through because I don't think I'm creative enough hahaha. Nice review, though! :)

    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also didn't think I was creative enough at first but I'm pretty sure this book helped me "improve" my creativity haha!

      Delete
  2. I've always been curious about these books every time I pass by them at the bookstore. I agree with you that it feels disheartening to 'wreck' it. I mean, I myself tend to be OC with my novels but hey I guess it's for fun and for creativity anyway. I'm up for that! The 'How to be an Explorer of the World' really attracts me. I want to get one!

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really worth it! Even though some people think it's not because you tend to "wreck" the book after some time hahaha but it's really worth every money spent cos you're definitely going to enjoy it :)

      Delete
  3. I know this book! ahah a friend of mine has a set and I actually saw her throw the book (Wreck this journal) from the second floor of her house to the street :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that's so fun! I haven't done that to my wreck this journal book yet though but perhaps i'm gonna try hahaha!

      Delete
  4. Okay. Where do I buy those??? Haha. I think it's the best medicine to my OC self and the artist wannabe in me! And how much? Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is haha! I got mine from Fully Booked. I'm not sure though if they have it in national bookstore haha! I think it's around 500-700 depending on which book you're getting :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you!!! I'm came back here to see if you replied so I can check. I'm seriously getting this, hahaha. I hope it's available here in Cebu. Hmmmfff.

      Delete
    3. I meant *I came back here. Haha. #OCproblems LOL

      Delete
    4. Hahaha I hope you get it! Good luck! :)

      Delete

Flickr Images