Strobing: Best makeup trend

Just recently, the contouring trend has made waves in the beauty industry. Almost everyone is doing it! Well, except me. Just looking at ...

Just recently, the contouring trend has made waves in the beauty industry. Almost everyone is doing it! Well, except me. Just looking at the contouring tutorials that there is in the internet, it's like I can already feel how heavy the makeup seems. It's like layers and layers of different makeup products applied on face just to create the look. Although it can really transform the face, I just have not been a fan of it and so I have only done as far as semi-contouring! (See: Winged and Smokey)
Source
But thanks to the beauty godesses out there that they have invented a new makeup technique: Strobing. In my opinion, it is somehow the same with contouring, however instead, it creates a more natural-looking look. Strobing is when you highlight the areas in your face that are usually being hit by light. It creates a dewy and glowy look which in my opinion is the best look to pull off especially on daytime. For me, it creates the effect of looking more fresh and glowy. I really like this technique and for me it is definitely the best beauty trend yet! 

I followed the chart above and see the effect on my skin. Although, it isn't really that visible on the photos, I assure you that in person, it really looks great especially once the light starts to hit your face. 
Although it is a great makeup trend, it always still depends on your skin type. If you have really oily skin, then maybe you should steer away from the trend because the trend looks somehow oily in the first place already. But then, it's very appropriate for people who have dry skin.

Again, I really am happy that there's a counterpart for contouring already. At least this one is much easier to do, takes less time (and less beauty products!), doesn't feel heavy at all, yet still achieves a great look. So if you ask me, contouring vs. strobing? It's definitely strobing!

Feel free to share your thoughts on strobing, contouring, or both! on the comment section below :) 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Flickr Images