Pam attempts to cook: Rosemary Chicken

If there's one thing that you should know about me, it's that I don't know how to cook. The closest thing that I can do to co...

If there's one thing that you should know about me, it's that I don't know how to cook. The closest thing that I can do to cooking is frying, and I barely consider that cooking. Besides, it's not like I'm pretty good at it too. Most of the time, I end up overcooking or undercooking the food that I fry - except if it's just one of those processed food which I pretty much have mastered already haha! So you can expect that this post will be far from anything like a cooking tutorial. Anyway, lately I've been wanting to learn how to cook since I'm really fond of eating. Hence, I'm sharing to you guys my first attempt to cook a dish!
Of course first, I had to ready all of the ingredients. I love how we used margarine, instead of oil, for this dish because it adds flavor to the dish. Apparently, margarine is healthier than oil since it's made from vegetable oils that has no cholesterol and it's much cheaper compared to butter too! 
Next, I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika. Can I just say how weird it felt when I had to mix the chicken breast with my own hands hahaha! I guess I'm just not used to it but it really felt weird. I then let the seasoning stay for 20 minutes or so while I prepared the other ingredients and sauteed the garlic and rosemary leaves. The longer you let the seasoning stay, the better to let it absorb the flavor more.
When I started smelling the rosemary chicken, that's the time when I put the chicken into the pan. What just really frustrates me when cooking, aside from cooking itself haha, is knowing how much of something should I put in order to get the right taste. When I asked my friend about this, she told me that through time, you will just know how much of something I should put. But then, there's always those measuring cups to help but still, even those I'm not really familiar with! 
The second thing that frustrates me about cooking is how long it takes for me to cook a dish. It's like when I decide that I will cook it's because I'm hungry, but because of the amount of time that it takes for me to finish my dish, the moment that I'm done with my dish, my hunger has already passed. It's true how it takes so much time to prepare and cook a meal, while it takes such little time for you to finish the dish that you prepared. But just like what my friend said, there's so much satisfaction in eating what you prepared - which I think is also true. 
Tadaaa! There goes my first attempt to cook a dish! According to my friend, it was actually good haha! For me, it was surprisingly good. I didn't really expect to get this right but then it may be because my friend had guided me all throughout the process. Yey thanks to her we had a delicious lunch!

So yes, there goes my first attempt to cook a dish. I promise that there will be more soon as I take my journey into learning how to cook. Who knows, maybe time will come that all my frustrations in cooking will go away. 

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Don't be tough with yourself Pam! You did a great job and you are still so young! Big hugs dear Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dish looks delicious! I will have to try that some time! Don't be so hard on yourself, there are plenty of women out there that don't know how to cook. Mostly due to their busy life styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's really easy to make! Haha thanks Jamie! :)

      Delete
  3. All these pictures have made me super hungry! The dish looks easy to make and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I might try this at home one of these days. Looks like an easy recipe to prepare. But of course, I'll leave it to my sister to do the cooking. She's so much better at it while I'm more of a meal planner. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry you can do the cooking cos it's really easy! But maybe you can ask your sister to help you all the way if you want to haha!

      Delete
  5. Geez! You made me crave for something to eat now.
    I'm not good in kitchen too, but I like eating! Your dish looks very yummy, you just inspired me to try cooking one of these days. yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha i'm sorry! Oh i'm not good in the kitchen as well but it's really fun to try from time to time!

      Delete
  6. Looks good!! I feel you girl, haha. I don't have the tiniest bit of skill when it comes to cooking. My husband does all the job for me. I just wait and eat, lucky me. I've always wanted to learn but my sentiments are the same as yours. Haha. Good luck to us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so cute!! Yeah lucky you, you have someone who cooks for you! Yup good luck to us! :)

      Delete
  7. Achievement unlocked! One dish at a time, later you will realize that you already have a pile of recipes posted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, one dish at a time! Hahaha i hope i really get to continue this though!

      Delete
  8. Props for the plating! It looks so pretty! Can I also just say I Knorr Liquid Seasoning! I combine it with almost everything I eat. Haha Which makes me excited to try this recipe out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i love plating haha! Ikr, it's the best hahaha! I hope it helps you :)

      Delete
  9. must try this...thanks pam!!
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice! haha congrats on making your first dish! I remember the time when I tried my first attempt haha. It was an utter failure :))

    dearchubby.wix.com/marp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks Arlyn! Okay lang yan try lang ng try ;-)

      Delete
  11. Yay, congrats, Pam! It really looks good! :) And I agree with you, the cooking time can get really frustrating! Especially if you need to defrost the meat. :| What I do is take a slice of cheese and munch on it before cooking to help me survive the wait. :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks reg! Ahh I'll try that soon since i love cheeseeee!

      Delete
  12. Congrats on your first dish! Buti ka pa, hahaha I can't even turn on a stove without getting scared I'll get burnt or something =))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha okay lang yan! Everyone starts somewhere. Take it one step at a time... Like on mo muna stove then okay na! Hahahah!

      Delete
  13. Looks good! Thanks to your really informative blog and photos, I'm totally giving it a try myself! I totally feel you about the whole cooking thing though, I get so hungry before I cook but once the food's done it's like my appetite goes away and I don't really get to eat the food I cooked anymore, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad you find my blog informative! Hahaha right! At least I know I'm not alone!

      Delete
  14. That looks so good! I think you did really well. You'll get a lot better at cooking as time goes on, so don't worry. :D

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images