Why you should wake up early

When I still had school (a.k.a. when I was still in college) I rarely got enough sleep. Actually, I rarely had sleep then. Balancing acad...

When I still had school (a.k.a. when I was still in college) I rarely got enough sleep. Actually, I rarely had sleep then. Balancing academics, extra curricular activities, and social life hasn't been easy and it really required that I sacrifice my sleep just so I won't be sacrificing any of the three that I just mentioned. That's why, most of the time, I'm only able to catch up on sleep when I am on my way to school (which means, yep I've spent a lot of time sleeping in the car or in the trains haha!) and of course on weekends or whenever I don't have school. On those cases, you would expect me to wake up at 11AM as the earliest but usually I wake up when my mom calls me for lunch (which is around 12:30PM already haha)

Now that I'm done with school, I told myself that I would change the habit of sleeping late and waking up late the next day. Since I don't really have much on my plate, I usually have a lot of time during the day to do my tasks (which most of the time just include writing blog entries, studying Spanish, and other house chores my mom wants me to do) and so I don't really have to stay up late. I also disciplined myself into no longer watching series until midnight so that I will be able to wake up early the next day. Now that I already got into the habit of sleeping early and waking up early, I realized that there are just a lot of good things that comes along with it. So, here goes.

YOU CAN SLEEP EARLY

You see, it's a cycle. When you sleep early, you'll be able to wake up early, and when you wake up early, you'll be able to sleep early. Win win! I noticed when I started to wake up early, I also tend to feel sleepy easily. This means that I don't really have to lay in bed for hours in the middle of the night wanting to fall asleep when I couldn't. I used to think that it was some kind of a sleep disorder haha! but then I realized, it was probably just because I always wake up early.

THERE'S SO MUCH TIME

People who always complain that there just isn't enough time in a day probably never wakes up early (or they just don't know how to manage their time). Anyway, whatever it is, I used to be one of those people but right after I got into the habit of waking up early, I realized just how much time I have in a day. Even if I slack off right after I wake up, there's still so many hours left right before I have lunch. There's so many things you can do right before you get to half of the day.

YOU TEND TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE

I don't if it's just me, but whenever I wake up early, I tend to become more productive for the rest of the day. Probably it's because I got enough the rest the night before, but I just really feel like I have so much energy throughout the day. Also, there's something different during the mornings that makes me feel like I have so much energy to do my tasks. I rarely get lazy (which is a surprise because I used to be really lazy as a student unless it's crunch time haha)

MORNING SHOWS ARE CUTE

Last reason why you definitely practice waking up early is because morning shows are so cute!! I don't know if it's just me but morning shows do really remind me of my childhood hahaha. Also, morning shows are super light and positive. It's just one of the right ways to start your day.

So those are my reasons on why I wake up early and on why I keep doing them. I hope I convinced you enough! Haha

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images