What's On My Face: Winged and Smokey

Hi! Welcome to my first post among my 'What's On My Face' series! This post wouldn't be much of a make-up tutorial but i...

Hi! Welcome to my first post among my 'What's On My Face' series! This post wouldn't be much of a make-up tutorial but it would be more of the stuff that I use to achieve the look that I like. Also, it would have some product reviews and some beauty tips!
For this look, I made my eyes the focus - you know how they say that there should only be one focus on your face so as not to overdo your makeup? Well, I live by that rule! So for my eyes, I had it smokey and winged. As for the rest of my face, it was mostly simple and nude. 
Here are the products that I used for this look:
1. E.L.F. Studio Pressed powder
2. E.L.F Essential Cover everything concealer
3. E.L.F Contouring Blush & bronzing powder
4. Victoria's Secret Bronzer  fromt the Glam & Go portable make-up palette
5. Victoria's Secret Eyeshadow palette from the Glam & Go portable make-up palette
6. Maybelline Hypercurl Volum' Express Mascara
7. Maybelline Baby Lips Lipbalm
8. Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Lipstick
9. Victoria's Secret Lip gloss from the Glam & Go portable make-up palette

I only used the E.L.F. pressed powder because I knew I wasn't going to stay out, but if you're planning to stay out or if you want it to stay the whole day, I recommend using a foundation that you trust! Also, I don't really recommend the powder-based make ups of E.L.F. since I find it too...powdery haha! However, I really like the color of the contouring blush and it really stays on for a long time. 
To achieve my winged eyeliner look, I used two eyeliner pens - the 10. Max Factor Xperience Real Pen Eyeliner and the 11. Koshize Eye Precision Waterproof Eyeliner. I used the Max Factor eyeliner to outline the wings but I used the Koshize eyeliner to fill the wings in since I found the Max Factor eyeliner to be too intense. 
Meanwhile I used the 12. Victoria's Secret Brown eyeliner from the Glam & Go portable make-up palette on my lower lash line and the 13. Victoria's Secret Black eyeliner from the Glam & Go portable make-up palette on my upper lash line. I didn't use the black one on my lower lash line since I'm going for a more subtle smokey eye look. 

Using a brown eyeliner on my lower lash line has been my trick ever since when I want my eyes to pop yet I don't want to look too intense. 
Lastly, of course I used different brushes to put make-up on my face. You might be thinking, do I really need that much brushes? The answer is no, the reason why I own - and use - a lot is mostly because I got into the habit of collecting make up and make up tools before and I just like using different brushes that I find appropriate in different occasions! I'll be discussing more about my brush collection and its different uses soon in a different post, but for now let me introduce you to some of my babies! 

A. Nichido Spooly brush - to keep my eyebrows behaved
B. Nichido Eyeshadow brush
C. Two-in-One Concealer brush from Landmark
D. Two-in-One Eyeshadow brush from Landmark
E. Two-in-One Blush brush from Landmark
F, Powder brush from Landmark
G. Eyeshadow brush from Landmark 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images