Trend Alert: Off-Shoulder Top

Just recently, the off-shoulder top has been paving its way back to the fashion industry. I remember this being a trend when I was young...

Just recently, the off-shoulder top has been paving its way back to the fashion industry. I remember this being a trend when I was young - probably when I was around 7 - 10 years old and now, it's back! Now, no instagram feed would have been complete without seeing at least one entry wherein at least one person is channeling the off-shoulder trend and no barkada outing would have been complete without having at least one friend bring an off-shoulder top as part of their OOTD's. It's become one of those trends wherein suddenly everyone is wearing it! 
And again, before it fades away, I of course had to give it a try. Yep, I jumped into the bandwagon wheel. But even though I did, I say why not? I mean, it looks pretty and it effortlessly makes you feel so feminine. You wouldn't even need an accessory because the off-shoulder top itself is already a statement. However, the only issue that I have with the top is it's super uncomfortable. It wasn't because I was exposing my shoulder that made me feel uncomfortable about it, but it was because it was hard to move without it raising to my shoulders. I kind of felt like my actions on  my upper body were limited because of it.
Although it looks pretty, I don't really think that I would be buying another off-shoulder because of how uncomfortable it is. After all, comfort comes first for me rather than fashion or rather than simply being on the trend. So that's what I think on the off-shoulder top!

By the way, this Trend Alert, a new feature on my blog wherein I would be giving my honest thoughts on what's currently trending in fashion. It's not always pretty, you know! 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. rocking that off the shoulder top! great trend!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your top!!:) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your off shoulder top! I'm honestly torn about this trend because I have big and broad shoulders. Baka magmukha akong barako. Hahaha!

    xx, J
    ablissfulblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeaah, cos it might draw attention to your shoulders pa. But actually I read somewhere, if you're really considering the trend, then you can pair it with bottoms that have volume so as to somehow draw the attention there! :)

      Delete

Flickr Images