The Struggle of Having Short Legs

Aside from the obvious struggles of having short legs (see: reaching the top cabinet, having to - literally - look up when talking to you...

Aside from the obvious struggles of having short legs (see: reaching the top cabinet, having to - literally - look up when talking to your tall friend, being mistaken to be an underage and the list goes on...), I still have other struggles when it comes to being short-legged - fashion wise.

HAVING TO SHOW A LOT OF SKIN

If you want to create the impression/illusion of you having long legs, then wearing short shorts, short skirts or short dresses are one of the classic tricks to do so. However, together with creating the illusion of having long legs, comes the disadvantage of having to show a lot of skin. Some people may think that you just like to show a lot of skin, when in fact, you just want to look tall! This is one of the struggles that I'm facing since I usually wear skirts or shorts whenever I go out, and my mom would constantly call my attention on how I'm wearing shorts or a skirt again. Well, she just doesn't get it! Also, another disadvantage to always exposing your legs is that your skintone is more prone to get darker. I actually noticed this happen to me since after I was done with school, I was barely wearing pants at all when I go out, and yep - as a result, my legs got darker.

HAVING TO WEAR SUPER HIGH HEELS

Another trick into cheating your way to tallness is of course wearing high heels! But then, you can't just wear low high heels because that wouldn't add much to your confidence, instead you're going to have to wear super - duper high heels just to at least achieve being tall. And yes, guess what, that's definitely one big struggle! First, it's really hard to wear heels all the time. As much as I would want to, I would wear high heels all the time. I mean, they're so pretty, they add to your confidence, and hey, it makes me look and feel tall. But then, if I would do that every single day, then I might as well kill my legs because yep, killer heels are deadly. Second, it's not like you can wear heels anywhere in our country. You're gonna have to make sure that you won't be commuting that day because if not - well, good luck on that! Also, it's not like most of the streets here in Manila are high heels friendly, unless if you're in Fort then you have no problem with that! But if not, might as well just keep your pretty heels in your closet where it's safe because wearing heels in the streets would be a battle!

BEING LIMITED TO SOME FASHION TRENDS

If short shorts, skirts, and dresses make a short girl tall, then guess what, long ones don't! So basically, anything maxi is off-limits to us. Unless we are going to wear heels to go along with those maxi trends, then we can't really wear them or else we would end up looking like the cloth is eating us alive. Also, even the mid-length skirts or what they call the midi skirts, is also off-limits to us without heels because it will just simply make us look even shorter than we really are. As much as we want to jump into what's in the trend, we sometimes can't because our legs are short and we might not just reach the jump haha!

As much as I like being petite and all (hey, being short has it's perks too!), there are just times when I can't help but get frustrated with the struggles of having short legs. But oh well, at the end of the day, I still love how I am. Although, I still sometimes wish that I'd get taller haha! 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Could definitely relate to this! I also have a pretty short legs, such a bummer!

    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! But hey, being small has sometimes (although not most of the time haha!) has its perks too ;)

      Delete
  2. I don't think i have short legs, but it looks like one cuz its chubby :)) I can totally realte

    dearchubby.wix.com/marp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see haha well, that's another struggle right there =))

      Delete
  3. I don't know if mine is passable lol, but I guess I am fine with it. I suggest you wear crop tops paired it with high-waisted jeans or shorts and that will help you out with it, it'll make you look taller. (Or am I suggesting the wrong one? lol) By the way, how tall are you ba if you don't mind me asking? :)

    Lou | wander-soul.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I actually read that high-waisted shorts, jeans or skirts make people look tall. I'm 5something haha! I actually keep telling my friends that I'm really not that short cos I also have other friends who are shorter than me hahaha but still, if you're gonna compare it to the average height of 19 year old girls i think i'm pretty small hahah

      Delete
  4. i feel your pain girl

    http://styleflaw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! At least we arent alone in these struggles :))

      Delete

Flickr Images