Something Blue x Simple

Coming from the North, where the streets are always busy and where it isn't always really advisable to be super fashown , I always fi...

Coming from the North, where the streets are always busy and where it isn't always really advisable to be super fashown, I always find it a struggle to look nice without going over the top. Since we were going to explore the streets of Manila, I knew I couldn't wear something super fancy and so I opted for this look. It's simple but I don't think it was bland.
It wasn't really my intention to go for a somehow all-blue outfit haha! I guess it just kind of happened since my favorite color is blue and I happen to have a lot of clothes and stuff that is color blue. I actually found this as a struggle when I realized that I have a lot of blue stuff, since I know I couldn't match them all together, but then I just couldn't really stop myself from buying blue things haha! 
Although caps are in the trend nowadays, it was mostly for function why I wore a cap. Since as I mentioned we were going around the streets of Manila, I figured it was going to be hot and so I needed to protect my skin! And well, it just so happened that it matched my outfit so it's a win-win! As you can see, most of what I wore are basics (see: the basic striped shirt, basic denim shorts, and basic/classic sneakers). It's really important to have basics in your closet since you can always match it with something trendy. For instance, I have already worn my basic denim shorts countless times! I have worn it with other basic pieces and at the same time, I have worn it with trendy ones. Also, it's an understatement to say that not just diamonds are forever, but basics too.  
You see, being in style doesn't necessarily mean that you need to wear all the trendy pieces or that you need to put on a lot of layers and a lot of accessories. Even the simplest pieces can make up for a stylish OOTD.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. the ever classic striped shirt :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images