Once in a blue moon

Source There has been a belief that whoever it is that you're with under the blue moon, you're going to spend the rest of your ...

Source
There has been a belief that whoever it is that you're with under the blue moon, you're going to spend the rest of your life with that person.

Last Friday, we experienced a once-in-a-blue-moon blue moon (haha!) It happens only once every two or three years and they say the next blue moon will appear not until 2018. Although I didn't really get to witness the blue moon, the fact that I knew it happened was already enough.

Anyway, back to the belief, I was lucky enough to be able to spend the blue moon with my high school BFFs. Although the belief was just that - a belief - and not necessarily true, it was kind of reassuring for me to know that these people may be with me for the rest of my life. As we go through this world of uncertainty, it is nice to know that we have some constants with us whom we know understands us and loves us for who we are - all our annoying quirks, our bad habits, our flaws, and our issues - and of course, all that comes with our good side.

If it was true that whoever you're with under the blue moon you're going to spend the rest of your life with, then I was lucky and grateful that I have spent it with people who accepts me for me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images