Discover: Before I Fall

Source Here's a confession: reading the first few chapters of the book was a struggle to me; but when I finally finished the book, ...

Source
Here's a confession: reading the first few chapters of the book was a struggle to me; but when I finally finished the book, I was thankful I read it until the very end.

Before I Fall revolves around the story of Sam, a typical high school girl, and her friends. It was a typical high school book - parties, cliques, alcohol, skipping class, romance, and the pressure of having sex - however, what made it different from the other high school books was when it touched on the issue of what happens next when things went spiraling down. The rest of the book is spent on how Sam lives the day of her death over and over again - with each day having a different attitude about it - but mostly, with each day trying to change things hoping that it's still not too late, trying to figure out how she's gonna get out of her cycle, and trying to finally do things the right way.

I have to be honest, at first it was really hard for me to continue on reading it since the pace of its story is slow. I thought it was not the kind of book that you read straight for only a day. It was not the I-can't-put-this-down book. But then again, it was worth the read.

It shows the importance of moments - even the littlest moments - and how it could affect things and result to big events. Most of the time we are not aware, but in every action that we make, there is always an effect. Always.

"Those moments are lasting still, backward and forward, on into infinity." 

Overall, I recommend it to be part of your reading list since I thought it was, after all, a good read. Although, it's not something that you really read if you're afraid of death because it will just make you more afraid of it haha! But there's something comforting in it, knowing that that's one of the things that might happen to us when we actually die. So yes, if you're brave enough to find out, go ahead and read it.

Maybe, you'll feel the same way as I did after reading it: I hated it and I loved it.

"And the rest you have to find out for yourself."

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This book has been sitting both on my shelves and ibooks :P So much to read, so little time
    The good thing about "sad" books though, it makes you appreciate what you have today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! If only time stops when we read, then I'd read all the books that I can get my hands on!

      Yes I agree! And I think that's good cos at least we get to stop for a moment and reflect on our lives :)

      Delete

Flickr Images