Denim on Denim

Who says you can't match denim on denim without looking like an idiot? You see, it's all about balance . For this look, I decide...

Who says you can't match denim on denim without looking like an idiot?
You see, it's all about balance. For this look, I decided to match my denim jacket with a white denim skirt so as to create that balance between two denims. When wearing two denim pieces together, it is important to make sure that the two pieces differ in terms of shade so as you wouldn't look stupid wearing an all-denim outfit - even if you are actually wearing one.
The denim jacket was used to add a little spice to the look. Without it, the look would have been boring and nothing out of the ordinary. As you see, I got it from my mom's closet. I just love it how I'm always able to find unique pieces from my mom's closet which I am able to incorporate into my style. Nothing says vintage than an actual vintage stuff! You should pay your mom's closet from time to time for you'll never know what you're gonna find!

Aside from my mom's closet, I'm also in the habit of checking out the kids' area in the department stores - yep, that's how petite I am. I actually got this skirt in the kids' area of SM Department Store. Who would have guessed, right?

Speaking of how petite I am, I'd like to thank my friend for making my legs look really long in this photo haha! At the end of the day, it's all about the angle!
My second favorite piece in this look (the first one was the denim jacket!) is the white jelly sandals from Cotton On! I really like how its material is jelly - making it look more summery and at the same time, making it appropriate during the rainy weather; and with the kind of weather that we have - wherein one moments its el niño and the next thing you know, it's raining cats and dogs - it really helps a lot to have such versatile item! 
If you're gonna think about it, there are so many rules in fashion - what you should wear with what, what's hot and what's not, and the list goes on - but I say, never be afraid to experiment. What's important is you are able to express yourself, experiment things that may or may not be you, and find the balance between the two of them. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images